Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Pre-amble


July 7, 2009

A little bit of background on my visit to the Cottage for 2009.
As my friends know, my dear husband Doug died on March 30, 2009. I have included a summer at the Cottage in my grieving and healing plan. It is hard to be here in some ways, because the cottage was a big part of our life together since my father's passing. Doug was very intregal in keeping Mom and Dad's dream cabin alive and in repair. In Toronto Doug and I maintained separate residences, so the cottage became "our" place. I miss Doug a great deal in this environment. Yet this is a place of peace, solitude and heritage and being here will help me to clear my heart and perspective.

So why the blog?
I am also working on a manuscript that was written by my mother. Mom maintaned a diary of the day to day effort that was required to build this place over 30 years. Through this diary I have learned many things about the cottage, but also about my Mom. She could string a pretty good tale!! She had only grade 8 education, but she wrote with vigor and humour, and without gramatical or spelling error!! So maybe I can try too. I will spare the world my deteriorated handwriting and embrace the new world technology. I just learned how to set up a blog 10 minutes ago.

I hope you will watch for the posts. Lots of love Sharon.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to see the diary your Mother kept when we come up in August. Please send her our greetings.

    ReplyDelete